Day 2 of our 31 ways to build your brilliant brand series considers your customers. Do you really know who they are and how they behave?
You can spend, and waste, an awful lot of money using a scattergun approach to your marketing – firing lots of shots in the air and hoping one or two will hit the target!
Take some time to think about your target audience and their behaviour. If you don’t know the answers, then do some research - you’ll save significant time and money in the long run.
- What is the audience demographic?
- By age, gender, location.
- What is the audience dynamic?
- Time rich/time poor, cash rich/cash poor, always online/IT illiterate, passive/aggressive etc.
- What do you want and need to communicate?
- What is the desired outcome and how will it be measured?
- How frequently do you want/need to communicate with them?
- Which communications methods are most appropriate?
- Consider: advertising; face to face meetings; events; presentations; outreach activity; promotional literature; website; videos; social media; direct marketing; news stories in the media and other tactics relevant to your specific industry.
It’s time to build your brilliant brand with a focused, not a scattergun, approach.