You’ve bought into the concept, and potential, of content but how do you go about it? Follow these five simple steps:
- Build profiles of your customers. Knowing what your customers need to know and why they purchase from you is absolutely critical to successful content creation. Understanding the lives, desires and fears of your customers and prospects is key – identify their problem and find a way to remove it.
- Define what content you can create to add value to that relationship. Always ask yourself, is what I am planning to create sufficiently engaging and useful to be shareable?
- Create a content strategy and editorial calendar to plan a sustained and systematic approach to your content creation. Consider what, when, who and how? Then stick to it!
- Create and promote your content. It’s no good creating this stuff if no-one knows it exists. Think of it like this – content is fire and social media is gasoline! So you need to seed your content onto key sites, to your contacts. Promote it in your other promotional ads and activity.
- Evaluate how you’ve done, learn and evolve your approach.